Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Trump University: Real Estate Investing Seminar

Last month I attended a Donald Trump, Trump University, Real Estate Investing Seminar in the Bay Area (Northern California). I wanted to check out the presentation techniques, see if any new real estate investing techniques were being taught and hey, it was free and I was local.

What a horrific experience! The presenter, was using a 'used car salesman' from Brooklyn presentation technique.....I can say this because I lived in Brooklyn for 4 years...and loved it. The point is, he made a quick presentation about how great this Trump University real estate package was (a few hundred dollars), how successful and wonderful he was or Donald Trump would not have hand picked him.......then he completed his presentation, stood in the back of the room and said.....all the winners, step to the back of the room and buy a 'package'. The losers.....just go ahead and leave, your done.

Of course, as most seminars are set up, the doors to leave and in the back of the room. You guessed it....the 'losers' , aka, folks that did want to purchase this expensive real estate package, had to walk past this guy as he hurdled insults. And to add insult injury, he keep saying ....over and over, very loudly, "bye losers, go home!" as folks that didnt want his package, walked past to leave. I'm a 39 professional, and I've never been called a loser before, ever, at least not to my face!

I guess the people a Trump University would consider this presentation a success, because the majority of the people in the room, got in line to purchase the program, vs walk past the presenter, the bully, as he told people who were leaving....bye bye losers.

I on the other hand, not only did I leave with a bad taste in my mouth about anything surround the Trump brand, but I give the presenter, Trump University and Donald Trump himself...a big fat 'F', for treating seminar guests that way.

Signed,

Patrice Williams
"Loser"--aka Successful Real Estate Investor, Author, Entrepreneur with a degree in Economics and a Juris Doctorate, who taking the California Bar next month, and used to purchase Trump University audio cd's and who now would not only never, ever purchase another Trump University anything, but has told anyone and everyone who would listen my experience, and has now written it on her blog for the world to read.....that loser.

1 comment:

Maestro said...

Patrice,
Wow. As a Trump University employee I am in shock. Do you know who the speaker was? If you send me the date and location we can look it up. We do not treat our customers this way. If you send me the info I will bring this to the appropriate person.

On behalf of Trump University please except our apologies.